Mark had an appointment with his kidney doctor yesterday....or as Peyton would say "kiddy" doctor.
Mark left feeling very bad and very depressed. We found out the doctor's 1991 Mercedes Benz was in a head on collison and was totalled.
Otherwise, everything else was great! Mark's doing great and no changes were made!
Did I freak anyone out? I'm sorry if I did. If I did, thank you so much for caring so much. :)
Here's the story with the car. About a year ago, Mark's doctor was telling Mark about his car, a 1991 Mercedes Benz. Ever since then, Mark has wanted to see it really bad. There is a dialysis center just down the street from our house that the doctor makes his rounds at once a month. Literally, every time we go by that center, Mark looks for this Mercedes Benz. It's like he NEEDED to see it. So, you can imagine how devastated Mark was to learn the car was totalled. It didn't matter that the doctor said how great Mark looked and how stable the kidney was doing....nope. All that mattered was that this car was totalled.
The doctor also said Mark set a record for the most words Mark has ever said to him. :) Mark doesn't talk hardly at all during doctor's visits.
I also wanted to share this video. Any Christian couple waiting for a baby HAS to see this video. This is the amazing part behind this. I wasn't having a good day and feeling a little down and told a friend about it. She sent me this video. This song is from the movie "Fireproof" and it's about a couple waiting while their marriage is in trouble. But, when she found this video, it was a dedication to couples waiting for a "gift from God". She thought it was neat how she found that particular video of the song. What she didn't know is at the end, it shows a picture of a baby. It's like God wanted her to show me that particular video and that was the one she found. I mean the song wasn't even originally about a baby, but fixing a marriage!
God works in mysterious ways.
Anyway, here is the video. I really hope you take the time to watch it. It's pretty powerful.
While I'm Waiting
Birthday Fun
4 years ago











17 comments:
Okay that was just WRONG!!!! Freaking me out like that!!!! Poor car...although I am not feeling too bad for it right now :) LOVE THE VIDEO!
That was a mean trick!!! I'm glad everything is going well!
Okay, my heart sank for just a second...thankfully, I read fast and got to the good news! :)
Happy to hear he received a good report. :)
Brat! thanks for checking to see if my heart still works after that...Good Golly Im so glad he is ok..
Whew! We'll I'm glad Mark is ok!
Tammy, you are so wrong for that post title! :) Glad everyone is ok!!
Just wanted you to know that I haven't seen that movie but I do love that song. I posted the lyrics to my blog as my first post for this year and hope to make it my anthem for 2009. Great song.
you totally scared me with that title..im glad things are great with mark!
oh my, you totally freaked me out. Bad Tammy! LOL!
Poor Mark! LOL!
Mark could come over to take a ride in our new car today with me. I have Kayla's WIC appointment and would love a guest..lol. Its a 2003 BMW in excellent condition. We can finally sell the tin can's that are called cars that we have now. It ssupposed to be my car, but so far Ive only driven it once. Nick is having a blast.
Let me go watch that video now....
Hi there,
I've just found your blog and I really enjoyed reading it. I'll be following your story and praying for a good outcome for you!
WRONG! And funny! Y'all have a great sense of humor.
That was not nice- may your next picnic be invaded by ants!
I posted a blog today and I mentioned you and Mark- because it sounds like you are as crazy as we are. You can see it at:
http://stinkytinky.blogspot.com/
ha ha, I was really worried for a second! :) I'm glad everything is well and it's only the car that's not doing so great!
Yes you did have me freaked out!!!!
Hey, that was not right! You did freak me out, glad Mark is doing okay.
Tammy, I am about to kick your ass! That was not funny, girl. Okay, putting heart back in chest!
You got me, lol!
Glad everything is ok with Mark!
Just found your blog and was looking through older posts. I just saw Fireproof on Friday night and thought the little bit you did hear of this song was awesome and perfect for those of us going through infertility. Thanks for posting!! I'll be following your story...good luck!!
Post a Comment