Friday, January 2, 2009

And we're off....

THANKS SO MUCH everyone for your advice....it helps to know I'm not alone.

We're scheduled to leave for Florida tomorrow. However, Mark's leg that he had the IV in is very, very swollen. Turns out he might have a blood clot. :( We're having an ultrasound in a couple hours. The doctor has said that as long as he's being treated, he'll be okay but we'll need to have labs drawn down in FL because he'll be on blood thinners. Conveniently (sarcasm) that's out of network and we'll have to pay 100% out of pocket.

Cool, huh? :( At least we've still been given the okay to go.

**UPDATE** Just a quick note to say no blood clot! Very, very good news!! Now Mark's biggest concern is that they got gel on his balls. :) We are sooooo relieved and are very anxious to leave now!

So, I won't have time to come back on anymore. :( So, everyone have a GREAT week! I won't be checking blogs, but I will be checking my e-mail. So, please if there is any big news in the blogland...bad or good....please leave me a comment! I really want to know. Even if I can't say anything, I want to know and be thinking of you guys!!!

I also wanted to say that if anyone is interested in a memory quilt, my mom is caught up after we get back. We actually have a lot of fun doing it together....it's good bonding time. :) My mom had priced them out on the internet and a 12-picture memory quilt is going for $210! So $50 is a great deal! You can click on here for more details. My mom is so sweet that she doesn't care about making any money...just wants a little to go towards our peanut fund. Plus, we get great bonding time so it's such a win-win situation.

Michelle and Nick were so sweet and got a memory quilt and with their permission, I have shared theirs. They love earthy colors. Thank you SOOOO much Michelle and Nick! (((HUGS))) Here it is. You can click on it to see it bigger.



Have a great week everyone!!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Have a GREAT trip! Email me if you need to!

Stacey said...

I hope you guys have a great time! I'll be praying for Mark's health while you're gone. Have fun!

Montana's mom said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the warmth down there!

battynurse said...

Have a fantastic time. I hope that everyone does well for the trip.

Lisa DG said...

Enjoy your trip!

txmoms2b said...

I hope you have fun on the trip. Yay for no blood clots! Here's to not having to get heparin/coumadin/lovenox shots in the stomach! The memory quilts are beautiful; I'm showing DP when she gets home from work!

C said...

Sweetie, I have been gone, didn't realize you were coming to my State. I hope you have a ton of fun. Not sure which part you are heading but Central south is Warm & sunny. Enjoy each other you two!

Tiffany said...

The quilt is fantastic. I want, I want, I want!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Love the blanket... can't wait to get ours done!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

So glad Mark is doing OK!! (lol about the balls, I know that stuff can be COLD!)

Have a great trip!!!!

Kathryn said...

I clicked over to your blog today because I was thinking, man, Tammy hasn't blogged in a while... I wonder what she's up to!
Silly me, you're off on vacation!
I hope you're having a great time!!!

Kate said...

Hope you are having a wonderful vacation- I was just checking the blog to see if you were home yet.

I hope Mark is feeling well on vacation.

Give Mickey a kiss from us!

Safe travels.

Rachel said...

We miss you! Come back!