Friday, January 16, 2009

Just when you think things can't get any worse.....

Just when you feel like you just can’t get any more down

Things for me just haven’t been going too well. I’ve dealt with an ex, a disrespectful stepson, a husband who doesn’t stand up for me, arguing with said husband all the time, family who says I’m being too hard on stepson, sick all day on Wednesday and Thursday, trying to get clinics to answer my questions about the donor cycle and they don’t get back to me, feeling like everyone is getting pregnant or having their babies and I feel like it’s just never going to happen to me.

Today I finally was able to smile through my tears. Peyton sometimes calls me Mommy, but she also calls me Grandma and we joke about how she gets us mixed up. Today she called me Mommy and said “I sometimes call you Mommy”. I said “I realize that. Why is that?”. Peyton melted my heart when she said “Because you remind me of a good mommy”

I don’t know how she knew but she knew I needed to hear that. Thank you Peyton.

14 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I am very sorry life is rough for you right now. I pray that God will continue to give you comfort. Sometimes, it's the small things that mean so much.

Stacey said...

Tammy,
I'm sorry about the hard times lately. My heart aches for you (and with you). That story is so precious and reminds me that we ARE mothers, if only on the inside.

Tiffany said...

PRICELESS! Sometimes those little ones just know. I have a God-Daughter that calls me "Mom" she lights up my days. I pray that things get better for you soon.

Kate said...

I hope things get better- you forgot to add all the crazyness associated with returning from vacation and being gone for a week! Just to stress you out a bit more. :)

Peyton is lucky to have you and you to have her.

Enjoy the little things. Hugs.

txmoms2b said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Peyton sounds like a sweetheart!

Jodi said...

My heart goes out to you. Please hang in there! Prayers sent out to you!

Jess said...

Awww, how sweet is Peyton! I'm so sorry about the stress your having in your life right now!!

Megan said...

Very sweet!!! Glad you had something to brighten your day.

Kami said...

I believe God put her up to that! *wink* Good things always seem to come out of bad things. Keep your chin up honey. You're doing good!

Kami

Mamato2 said...

AAW, out of the mouths of babes... hold onto that!

Rachel said...

Kids are usually great judges of character you know. I agree with your neice! I am sorry things are stressful right now. I hope things get better VERY soon!

C said...

Hold on to that statement and feeling, Tammy. By the way, I agree with Peyton 100%!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

awww..that is too cute! what a little sweetheart.

Unknown said...

That was so sweet.