My blogging has kind of taking a backseat the last few days. :( My life just isn't the same without my blogging and checking to see how everyone is doing.
For the last week, overtime has been approved by my clinic which never happens so I've been taking full advantage of it. I've been working about 10-11 hours a day since Saturday....so basically working 10 days straight. It makes me a little tired, but I'm going to love my paycheck. With our new car (oh! I just realized I haven't put up a picture...I gotta do that!), now our truck needs some work, when overtime was approved, I decided to take full advantage of it. :)
And then a few days ago, I decided I was going to have a garage sale this weekend to earn some money for the peanut fund. Yeah, I'm crazy...I mean who decides to have a garage sale in a week? I guess we'll see how it goes. :) You'd think after working so much I'd just want to relax with a nice long weekend, but no....I want to torture myself. :)
We did have a big scare this morning and it took me a couple hours for my heart to return back to the normal beat.
I had tested Mark's sugar at 7:15 and gave him his shot....just like I always do. He was at 64 which is borderline low but not too bad. Usually Mark gets up at 7:45 or so and we have breakfast together. This morning, it was 8 and so I called out to Mark to get him up for breakfast. He didn't answer and after calling out another time with no answer, I ran into the bedroom. I found him drenched in sweat, very pale and foaming at the mouth. I knew his sugar was low and tried to give him some sherbet, but he couldn't open his mouth.
Then he started seizuring. I immediately got a sugar shot and gave him some sugar. I tested him then and he was 22 (very low as normal is 90-120). He started choking so I sat him up and was holding him while he was seizuring, not able to talk or anything. Usually he responds very quick to a sugar shot, like within a couple minutes, but this time he was still seizuring after 5 min so I gave him another shot. I just held him, telling him how much I love him, telling him he was going to pull through, telling him how proud I was of him....all the time while thinking Oh please God, help him! Pull him through this! I can't lose him! I need him!. I wanted to cry, but I had to stay strong for Mark.
I really didn't know if he was going to make it, but he pulled through. He's pretty wiped out and pretty sore from flailing his limbs so much, but he's okay. That was one of the worst reactions I've ever witnessed with him.
And for those wondering why I didn't call 9-1-1, I can do something they would do but I can do it faster and get the sugar into him faster. Had he not responded after awhile, I would have, but I didn't want to leave him either to go get the phone and I was hoping it would be just a matter of time. I don't want people thinking I'm a bad wife. I just know how to respond in an emergency like that and I know what works for Mark and I can do it faster.
On a positive note, I got to hold Mark this morning (something I don't get to do every morning like that), I got to tell him many times I love him, I got to help him and support him, I got a huge "Thank you" from Mark and huge hugs and once again, we were reminded how precious life is and how much we mean to each other. It makes for a great rest of the day. As much as it is so scary going through that and it really sucks, I cherish it and appreciate Mark so much more because of it.
I just wish everyone could experience that.
Birthday Fun
4 years ago











3 comments:
Oh my gosh, Tammy! That is so scary, but how great that you know exactly what to do and what he needs during this situation.
((HUGS))
Tammy that sounds so scarey to go through! You are not a terrible wife, in fact you are the only one who probably knows exactly what he needs. You should be proud of yourself for reacting so quickly and calmly in that situation. Mark is so lucky to have you :)
WOW I am so glad Mark is OK!!! I can't even imagine how scary that was for you. You are not a bad wife at all you did what you thought was best for your hubby and everything turned out great cause of you!!! I will continue to pray for you both that God will give you the strength you need!!
PS I decided I want one of the car blankets even if I can't have it with a pink backing. All I need is an addy and price cause I forget what they were and I will send you a money order if that is OK.
Post a Comment