Thursday, May 21, 2009

Welcome ICLW!! **Second post of the day**

Welcome ICLW! For those who don’t know what it is, check out the link on the right.

For those who don’t know me, I want to give a little history of me and the reason I put this blog together, the wonderful world of infertility.

I married my hubby in May 2001. He has struggled with a lot of health issues. He’s a diabetic and has had 3 documented heart attacks. He’s had triple bypass surgery and a kidney transplant. Our struggles have only brought us closer together and God has gotten us through them. God is so good to us.

In July 2003, Mark was feeling better after his transplant and we decided to try for a baby. We tried the natural way for almost 3 years off and on as Mark continued to struggle with health issues and had to endure hospitalizations at times.

In March 2006, we saw our doctor about our infertility struggles. We started doing research about things and talking to more and more doctors. It seemed like it was a never-ending thing as all infertiles know.

In April 2007, we started IUIs. After 12 BFNs, we decided to go onto IVF. Although I responded great to the meds and had a great number of eggs retrieved, only 4 eggs fertilized but failed to divide. Although the genetic testing came back normal, we were told it was most likely an egg quality issue and we were told we would have to use donor eggs.

Since then we have tried to do a known donor cycle which didn’t work out because of the distance, a known adoption which didn’t work, a donor egg study which didn’t work and are now currently have an appointment to get onto a donor embryo list at our clinic.

More details of our journey can be found on the right along with our IVF blog describing our IVF journey.

Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog! It means so much to me. I hope you continue to follow my journey and I hope to follow yours and get to know each other so much better. I wish you all the very best in your journey.

10 comments:

Kim H. said...

Wow - I'll be praying for you... this is such a hard journey, but it is well worth the struggle. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish you all the very best with geting on the donor embryo list at your clinic, I hope you are on your way to a BFP soon.

Kami said...

Always praying for you! Love you honey!

Kami

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've certainly been through a lot. I hope that you'll have a successful cycle very soon. Best of luck with your upcoming appointment.

ICLW.

tireegal68 said...

you have been through the gamut - and sound so courageous. I am wishing you so much hope on this next step of the journey:)

Amber said...

Great recap! Hoping and praying for the BFP soon!

Kristin said...

Wishing you a speedy journey to getting on the donor list at your clinic.

Many prayers and sympathy for your husband's health. We have struggled with many health issues over the past few years too.

~ICLW

Hillary said...

I hope you have your baby in your arms very soon!!

ICLW

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy. I'm so sorrry you and your husband have been and continue to go through so much. I hope and pray your baby finds his or her way to you soon!

-Callie

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

I'm so sorry that you and Mark have been through so much heartache. I hope you're able to get on the donor embryo list quickly, and that you don't have to wait much longer for your precious peanut!! (ICLW)