Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm tired, angry and hurt

If you’re looking for a “happy, jolly Tammy post”, this one isn’t it.

I would like to say in advance to any of the TTC gals who will fall into any of the below categories, that it may sound like I’m angry at you or hate you but I don’t. I know you have been in my shoes and although you’re happy for people, you’re also sad and it’s a bittersweet situation. I know you guys understand and are probably the only people who can give me some hope and understanding which is why I post on here. Know that I love you and you guys give me strength and hope.

And I also wanted to say, before I get another “anonymous” letter, that I do love my life and I definitely count my blessings. I have a great husband, a great house, a great life and a great set of family and friends. But, the last time I checked (and this could be debatable), I was human. And humans have emotions because God gave them to us. He gave us happy, sad, angry, excited, jealous, etc. And just because I cry or get upset, doesn’t mean I don’t cherish my life. After all, Jesus wept, too.

Now, onto my post.

A lot of my TTC friends I have been blessed to have met through the NW board. I joined the board in 2006 and I obviously knew nobody on either the TTC side or the Beyond TTC side. But, I got to know so many people TTC and the support was amazing. Slowly, people from the TTC side began moving over to the Beyond TTC side. Fast forward to now, and I know hardly anybody on the TTC side and know just about everyone on the Beyond TTC and some have even had 2 babies in the time that I can’t even have 1.

And it hurts.

I love God. I know He has his plans and they are for the good. And like I’ve told other people, God doesn’t seem to listen to me but that makes Him so smart. I know that if my IVF would have worked, I would be 7 months pregnant right now. I don’t know how I would’ve made it through the last emotional couple weeks with being pregnant on top of it. What if the stress would’ve made me go into preterm labor? What if I would’ve lost the baby? What if we had a baby during all that? How would I have been able to handle both? So, I know God knows what He’s doing. I’m not angry at Him. How can I be angry at someone who has given me so much? But even though I know God has a plan and He loves me, my dream seems so far away.

And it hurts.

And I’m so tired of it.

I’m tired of everyone else getting their BFPs and I can’t. I’m tired of watching another one go over to the “other side”, making it more lonely over on this side. I’m tired of watching others “move forward” while I’m essentially just “standing still”. I’m tired of the fact that I can’t just do another IVF because my first one failed. I’m tired of the fact that we have to go see a psychologist just to be put on a list for donor embryos when teenagers and drug addicts can just get pregnant.

We’ve done 12 IUIs, 1 IVF, a failed attempt at known donor eggs, a failed attempted at a known adoption and a failed attempt at a donor egg study. All I want to do is catch a break. I’ve watched others catch lucky breaks whether through adoption or their husband having “little or no swimmers” and bam! surprise BFP! Why can’t we catch a break?

I’m tired of watching Mark be sick all the time. I’m tired of being scared every day because he’s grabbing his chest. I’m tired of not being able to plan much because we have to see what kind of a day Mark has. I’m tired of talking to doctors more than I talk to my family.

(It may seem like I’m angry at Mark or I’m sick of being married to him…but I’m not! Sooooo far from it. When you have a terminally ill spouse, it just gets tiring and you wish they didn’t have to suffer. That’s what hurts the most and is so tiring. It just gets emotionally draining and yet you wouldn’t want to not be there with him because you love your husband so much).

I hurt because I can’t provide my husband with our baby. I hurt because I will never be able to carry a baby that is 50/50 Mark’s and mine. I hurt because when people see us with Tyler and Peyton, the first words out of their mouths are “I didn’t think you guys had kids.” and I have to explain they are our niece and nephew once again. I hurt because I watch Mark and Peyton together and they are so close and so happy and I can’t provide that for Mark because I have scrambled eggs.

As much as I love my life, I’m angry. I’m angry that my husband has to struggle so much. I’m angry we can’t have a baby together. I’m angry that we never seem to catch a break in anything in our lives. I’m angry watching others move on and me feeling like I’m left behind.

And I’m not ashamed to admit it.

As happy as I am and as lucky as I know I am to be married to Mark and have the life I have, I’m tired. I’m angry. I hurt. I just want to catch a break.
Photobucket

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wish I had something really profound to say, but I don't. All I want to do is hug you and tell you that it is okay to be angry, you have every right. Sometimes I just screamed and cried all alone it seemed to help a little. I am no longer on "your side", but I know all about that side and I know how rough it can be. I am thinking and praying for your for some comfort.

just me, dawn said...

sending you a hug. i am so sorry that things are so hard. my journey hasn't been as hard as yours but i do have an inkling of how hard it is.

Angelwingsbaby said...

I am so sorry hun, I don't know what to say to comfort you but I definately have been in your shoes.My journey with all of this started 10 years ago, I am still cautiously on the "other side" as you know I have had troubles during this pg.But no matter what "side" of infertility on I am on you need to know that I am on YOUR side and will always be there for you. ((HUGS))

battynurse said...

Hang in there. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

The Pifer's said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry! I wish I could give you a HUGE hug! I love ya sweetie!

Just Believing said...

Tammy I could have written that post word for word...its like on onehand your happy for all fellow if'ers who get there BFP but you cant help but feel a little angry ( I dont know the right word but I feel angry) like um God what the heck! It's our turn ! we were next in line you know?!?! I've been feelnig that alot even now I am getting jealous of others adoptions coming so fast and ...ugh its a big mess in my head BUT last night i watched FACING THE GIANTS please please rent it watch it and grab a box of kleenex...SO GOOD bottom line with God nothing is impossible! Thinking of you

Ashley said...

Oh honey, I wish I could make you feel better! I'm sorry that you have to deal with all this. I really don't know how you do it...you are an AMAZING woman. If you need anything I'm here for you. ((Hugs))

Kathryn said...

Tammy, I want to say thank you so much for writing this post today. I know that you'll understand when I say that I know exactly what you're feeling right now. This has been an unbelievably hard time for us now as well, and having a baby at this time would have been a lot harder.
I wish that I had the faith in God that you have, but sometimes I do question the plan, and today was one of those days. Your heartfelt blog was really exactly what I needed today to see that I'm not alone and that there are people out there who understand and feel the same.
Thank you for the best gift that you can give, the gift of being you.

Montana's mom said...

It doesn't matter what "side" I am on Tammy I will always be on your side!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand. I had to get off of the boards, between all my cycle buddies going to the other side & then being attacked through my blog by COWARDS, it was too much. I signed off in January & an am a better person for it. I'm sending you lots of love. Even angels get tired & frustrated. I admire your strength. Take care of yourself, take 30 minutes a day & do something completely selfish for yourself (bubblebath, watch cartoons,massage) anything, you have to take care of yourself as the main caregiver or you wont be 100% when he needs you. Lots lovies <3

Smoochie said...

You are an incredibly strong woman. I give all the credit in the world for actually saying some of the things you just said. Living with an ill spouse IS, in fact, very difficult and unless you've cared for one, you don't know how it feels. You are a brave, brave soul to keep on fighting the way you do. You deserve more than what you've been given. But, you're also right, God has a plan... just wish sometimes we knew what it was! I admire you for being the woman you are. Keep your head up.

Stacey said...

Tammy, you have so much support here. I know you've been burned in the past for writing honestly, but these feelings you've expressed here are completely justified. Anyone would be crazy to say that they wouldn't feel the same way. This path is SO hard. We can't help but wonder why, especially when so many others make it to "the other side" while we continue to wait.

While I totally get what you're saying about that, I have no idea what it is like to care for a sick loved one day in and day out. You are doing an awesome job, Tammy. I know there will be hard days, but I also see how much joy you have in your life with your family. You bring joy to so many others -- and that is truly an accomplishment when you are struggling and hurting.

Love you, girl. I'm praying for you! Don't ever be afraid to be honest with how you feel on your blog. So many of us know your heart and we know right where you're coming from.

Kami said...

I am so so so very sorry you are hurting. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and just hold you until you feel better. I wish we could have a girl's night out and just have a lot of fun! I wish I had the right words for you when you feel this way but I don't. Just know how much I care for you and I am here for you always!

Hugs,
Kami

Alicia said...

Tammy,
Thanks for being so honest with whats going on in your life and with your feelings. I'm sorry that your must go through all of this. My heart goes out to you and I'm sending you (((hugz))) and lifting you up in prayer.

Ellen said...

~hugging you tight~ I know those feelings,sweetie. and you're not alone. I'm right here on this side with you and hoping each day that we both get to cross over. Your feelings are your feelings and you have every right to feel them without having to justify them to anyone. I love you. ~hugs

Amber said...

I so know how you feel and IM another who has been on other boards and it seems like everyone can get pg except us. All I can say is Im praying for you and hopefully God will bless you with a wonderful child one day:)

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I am so sorry that we are one of the couples who had the little sperm count surprise BFP:( I do NOT blame you for being angry at me if you are. I hope you don't hate me for saying this, but sweetheart, there are things in your life I would give my left arm to have!

I have confided in you one of my most major struggles. Actually, I have many, I just do not post them in the open. In time I will share them all with you. What you have that I do not have is a good family. Mine is almost non-existant.

My friends are all so far away since I left home and I would give anything to have a friend nearby to go out to lunch or shop with one day to get my mind off of the upcoming court date, which has been sheer hell. That which has lead me there.

Even going online I seem to be met with critisim and very little support.

In a small way, I can sort of relate to what you're going through with Mark, only it's my child. I know that you do have it worse in that respect though. I guess the moral is honey, that even though I got my lucky BFP and children, it seems for every good thing I have, there's a million hells and it seems pretty much not a soul in the world cares. They only want to know 'happy' things and 9 times out of 10, my life isn't that.

You deserve to be a mother and be happy and I hope that one day, you will get just that. I wish I could help you out.

In closing, just know, that right now in your life, your friends and family are so valuable and I envy you there. I hope you get your 'lucky break' too!