Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Mark update and thank you!!!

Thanks so much to everyone for your thoughts, prayers and wonderful comments. They mean so much.

Mark is doing much better. He did have a little insulin reaction last night but as far as his chest pain is concerned, he's feeling much, much better. Yesterday, he was even able to climb a very steep hill despite the fact that I begged him not to go down it in the first place. He just looked at me with the big puppy eyes and said he wanted to. So, I let him. But, he had no chest pain at all and felt good. That makes me feel even more certain that this weekend he had a heart attack with him feeling so much better now.

Sunday was not a good day for me. I was really down. I didn't think I could handle anymore. I didn't want to cry in front of Mark so I went into the bathroom while he was resting and just bawled. Then I felt much better. I hadn't cried all weekend and so I needed to.

Then that night, Mark and I had a heart to heart talk. He told me he was very worried about me and I asked him why. He said undoubtedly he would go before me and I nodded...I understand that. Then he said he's worried I won't be happy and he wants me to be happy. I started crying and Mark held me. I told him I was going to be okay and he just held me and kept saying he wants me to be happy. Then he pointed at my heart and said he will always be there.

I realize I'm very scared of losing him....so scared. I know it will happen, but I'm soooo not ready for it. Someone who has lost her husband told me that you think you can be prepared and people can say/do anything to get you prepared, but you never will be prepared.

I just can't imagine going on with my life without him. We have been giving each other a lot more hugs and kisses and holding each other the past few days. It just seems like life is just too short and every moment we have I want to spend with him, just holding him and letting him know how much I love him.

But, in the big picture, the time here on Earth is so short compared to eternity in heaven. Like I've told Mark, it's only a short time until we see each other in heaven and then it's eternity.

It's still painful though. I love him so very much.

11 comments:

DaniKel said...

I am so glad that he is feeling better. And I can only imagine how scared you are. And it is the truth. No matter how prepared you think you are, or try to be, nothing will ever prepare you for it. And I am sure that people who have tried to explain the loss they felt actually could not find the words to describe it.

I will keep him in my prayers - that he will continue to feel better. And I am praying for you - so that you have the strength to handle whatever comes your way.

(((HUGS))) to you and Mark both.

Ashley said...

Enjoy every minute together!! ((HUGS))

Montana's mom said...

I am glad he is feeling better.

That is true you can never truly be ready for your husband to go. There is still times I pick up the phone to call mine and he has been gone over three years! Enjoy every minute you have and then he will be waiting for you!

Michelle said...

Your right, life is too short. Try not to dwell on the fact that he will someday not be there...and enjoy your time together.

I know, easier said then done.

Mark will be your angel and you will be together again.

battynurse said...

Glad he's feeling better. Hugs to you sweetie.

Caroline said...

Lots of love and big hugs to you. You are such an inspiration. xx

Kami said...

Ok, now you have me crying. I don't like posts like this. Even though it is your blog and how you feel, it makes me sad. :( You guys have a long time together! Full of memories and love and committment. I just love you honey and I want you to be happy. I wish I could do something for you.

Kami

Kathryn said...

You two have such an amazing relationship. I am awed by your love and devotion.
As always, our prayers remain with you both.

Jen said...

I am glad he is feeling better! Know that I am thinking of you both!

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog I always love new faces:)

Stacey said...

Got your email about Mark while I was on vacation last week & I'd been praying for you guys. I am so glad he is doing better. Tammy, I can't imagine what you guys have to go through on a daily basis. I pray that you still have LOTS of years together on earth.

Sorry I've been out of touch. I'm getting caught up, finally! Thinking of you, my friend.