I want to thank those who have said I was strong. I think that is one of the best compliments you can give a person. That and being called an angel. Those are the 2 most precious compliments I feel someone can give to someone. So, to be said I'm strong is an honor. Thank you!
I just wish I could believe it.
I honestly don't feel I'm strong at all. I feel if I was strong, I wouldn't find myself crying so much. I don't feel I would be seeing a therapist, like seeing a therapist is seen as a "failure"....although I have to admit, I do think seeing a therapist has helped sooooo much and I think seeing a therapist isn't a "failure" as much as a very brave thing to realize that there is no shame in getting some emotional support through a tough time.
But, I'm afraid if people saw me and saw how much I get sad, how much I cry into Mark's arms, how crabby I sometimes get, how some days it takes so much strength just to get out of bed, how some days I cry because another person got a BFP on their FIRST FLIPPING TRY and how some days I cry because someone is TTC their second when I haven't gotten my FIRST yet....that they would see me as so weak rather than strong.
(to those falling in either TTC category, please know I don't hate you and that I really love you! Some days it's just so hard to see that and as much as I'm happy for you, I'm selfishly jealous and sad for me....so please know that I don't hate you!)
I guess I don't see myself as strong. I really think Mark is the strong one. He's the only going through so much and yet he still has to give me the pep talks and the strength. Yeah, it goes both ways and I sometimes have to give him the pep talks....maybe that's why we get along so well. :) But, Mark has never once said "why me?" and he's always said he would rather go through all the health issues than have it be someone he loves going through it. He has always been there for a hug, even when he's going through a tough time.
I do wish I was stronger. I wish I didn't cry so much. I wish I could see more of God's plan and the positivity in it. I do try as hard as I can and I do see the positive....just wish I could see it more.
So, to those who have said I was strong...thank you. It really means a lot. It's such an honor to hear that. And even though I don't always believe it, it really has helped me to wipe those tears and stand up a little straighter and give me a little more strength.
It's amazing what a few words can do, isn't it?
(((HUGS)))
Birthday Fun
4 years ago











10 comments:
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy.....seeing a therapist DOES NOT amke you weak. It MAKES you strong. It means you can see the need in yourself to talk things out ad see a different perspective. Have you ever thought that Mark has doubts about himself too?
YOU ARE STRONG!!! From someone who has been in part of your situation I know what it takes to keep your head up and thoughts straight.
Hey man, I saw a therapist for years!!!! I am not a failure, I feel like one sometimes but I know that therapist helped me deal with a lot of demons in my closet. I love you girl and you are strong! You deal with a heck of a lot and you get through it! You are a human being. God made tear ducts so we can cry! It is absolutely normal. We are allowed to have days like this. You and I are having a day today and that is just fine! Love you girl!
Kami
I think your really strong!!!!!! LOVE YOU!
Tammy, quit being HARD on yourself. YOu are STRONG!!! ((HUGS))
YOU ARE STRONG, and I have told you that many times before. I know you don't hate me. I remember what you are feeling. Somedays I just couldn't visit the "success" blogs because I was jealous. I loved the girls to pieces and they gave me hope, but I just couldn't understand why them and not me and I was jealous. Being jealous is okay, and you are NOT a failure!
Tammy I have been reading your blog for a while and my heart just hurts for you.. You are a very strong woman and God will bless you! I pray that things will start looking up and that you will have a peace just a joy about you. I am praying for you!
Hi Tammy,
I think that you are an amazing person - You are strong even if you don't feel like it. You and Mark share a deep love for one another that is very inspiring.
I think you're both strong in your own ways. Crying over things doesn't make you less strong, just human. Same with seeing a therapist. Everyone needs help sometimes. Hugs to you.
You are strong! You are strong because although life has not handed you roses you have kept moving forward. You are strong because you take care of your loved ones. You are strong because you recognize that sometimes you don't feel strong or believe you are strong. You are an extraordinary person! You are strong!
Crying and needing therapy does not make you weak. You are strong. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment