Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mark had a small heart attack

Happy flipping birthday to Tammy, huh? :(

This is the e-mail I sent to family and friends. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Obviously Mark is in the hospital. :( It turns out he had a small heart attack. It was more of what they call a "troponin leak" but abnormal enough that they call it a small heart attack. In order to determine that, they check troponin levels (heart enzymes) every 6 hours. Normal is up to 0.5 and Mark's went to a high of 0.84. His last heart attack he was at 3.6 so it obviously was a small one. His EKG didn't show significant changes so they have decided to keep him here rather than transfer him to a teritary center to run more heart tests.

Mark is still pretty sick, but he has been trying to take his pills. He's been resting a lot as they've given him some antianxiety medication so that helps him sleep. It doesn't help his stomach, but at least he can sleep through it.

By the way, I know some have tried calling the hospital but we've unplugged his phone so he can rest. I do have my cell phone with me on vibrate so if you want to get a hold of us, you can call at ******* and it won't bother Mark. (I don't want to publish it on my blog..sorry!)

I haven't been able to respond to all the e-mails, but I do read them and appreciate them all so much! I wanted to thank those who have sent birthday wishes. It means so much and I needed that so much right now so thank you! Thanks for remembering and thanks so much for the e-mails. It truly, truly means a lot.

Please continue to keep Mark in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for the e-mails, thoughts, prayers and support. (((HUGS)))


I haven't been able to check blogs but I think of you guys! I'll get caught up soon.

Thank you sooooo much for all the support! Love you all!

14 comments:

Angelwingsbaby said...

Happy Birthday!! I am so sorry it is being spent this way.My husband and I prayed for mark last night.We hope that mark gets better and can go home soon.((big hugs)) Call me anytime.

Amy, Ryan, Philip and Matilyn said...

Oh, honey I'm so so sorry! I hope Mark has a fast recovery and I know he'll make your birthday up to you! I'll be looking for updates.

Hugs!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and Mark & hoping for a speedy recovery!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday, I am so very sorry that it is being spent this way. I have been praying for you and Mark. Thinking of you both and praying for a speedy recovery.

Kami said...

honey, I am so very sorry. I am praying so hard for you guys!

Kami

Kate said...

Happy Birthday- Merry Christmas- I am seeing a holiday pattern here.
:( Hope Mark feels better soon- you also need to get some rest- I know it is not comfortable sleeping at the hospital.

I wish I was closer to help out. Tell Mark we are thinking of him and in honor of your Birthday I will use TP today! :)

Mamato2 said...

Holy cow!!! Oh Tammy... Hope he is fine, now.

Steph said...

I am so sorry, Tammy! I will be praying for both of you!

Also, happy birthday! I am sorry you had to be in the hospital for it.

Montana's mom said...

Tammy you just worry about taking care of Mark and we will continue to pray for him!!! Happy Birthday sweetie!!

battynurse said...

Oh Tammy,
I'm so sorry. I hope he is soon feeling and doing better and that this doesn't have any lasting problems. Thinking of you and Mark. Hugs to you and happy birthday even if the day wasn't too great.

Jess said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! I hope he's doing better!!
Happy Belated Birthday!((Big HUGS!!!!))

Lisa said...

Happy birthday and many prayers!

The Pifer's said...

I'm praying sweetie!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

How are things going now Tammy? Give us an update.