Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter baskets

We had gotten Easter baskets for Tyler and Peyton the day after Easter when the Easter stuff is 50%. You can either look at that as cheap or like the way we like to where we’re letting Easter last a little longer. I mean, we saved $20! :) Anyway, the day we were going to give them to Tyler and Peyton was the day Mark went into the hospital so we had told the kids they couldn’t have their baskets until Mark was out of the hospital and feeling better.

I picked up Tyler after school on Thursday, the day Mark was discharged from the hospital. The minute Tyler sees me, he runs up to me.

Tyler: Tammy! Is Mark out of the hospital?

Me: Awwwww, what a sweetheart. Yes, Tyler! He is.

Tyler: Is he feeling better?

Me: Tears in my eyes and just loving Tyler so much right now. Yes, he is, but he’s still pretty weak.

Tyler: Yay! Then we get to open our Easter baskets!

Sigh……from beyond sweetness to a typical kid.

Here are a few pictures of the kids getting their Easter baskets:


Here is Tyler giving Uncle Mark a hug after getting his basket


Here is Uncle Mark helping Peyton open up her basket

Now, in Peyton's basket was a Barbie doll. She loves dolls and loves to brush their hair and sleep with them and everything. So, we thought a nice doll would really be nice and Peyton would love it.

Little did we know, she would decide to dismember the doll and be proud of it:


Sigh.......

Here are a couple pictures of Mark the night before he had his heart attack and ended up in the hospital. We were at church at an Awana car derby. He looked so good that night and was spending so much time with Tyler and Peyton. I was glad I got these pictures:



13 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like fun- you guys are great Uncle and Auntie- I wish my kids had good role models like that who they enjoyed spending time with.

Hope Mark continues to get better.

Hugs

Montana's mom said...

Glad the kids got their baskets! You guys are so good with them both. Also gald Mark is feeling a little better.

battynurse said...

Love the pic of the dismembered Barbie. How funny. Glad the kids had fun with their easter baskets.

onemorebaby said...

Cute... love the one of Peyton and the doll limbs!

Jess said...

Cute pictures!! looks like everyone had fun.

RMCarter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RMCarter said...

Looks like a ton of fun! And I think the basket the day after is smart. Your family is so cute. :) Aren't nieces and nephews the best?

I am glad Mark is okay. How scary!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad that you liked the book! I thought of you as I was reading it and how much you would like it!

Mamato2 said...

So cute! Glad Mark is home, too!

Stacey said...

So sweet, Tammy! I love reading about what a great aunt and uncle you guys are. You know how much we adore our nephews too. They were so happy with stuff I got on the dollar aisle at Target for their Easter baskets! Gotta love that!

So good to see Mark doing better.

<3 Stacey

Steph said...

I am so glad Mark is home! The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them!

DaniKel said...

You and Mark are wonderful to Tyler and Peyton! They are so lucky to have an Aunt and Uncle who love them so much!

And kids - they are a trip! Tyler was very sincere about wanting to know if Mark was home, and if he was better, and it made me laugh that his next comment was 'Yay! Then we get to open our Easter baskets!' Gotta love 'em.

Hope Mark continues to get better!

(((HUGS))) to you both!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Aw, kids will be kids. ;)

They look so cute opening their baskets though.